Let’s see below how you can focus your online business to increase your young customers .
If you have an online business or a company that needs to get customers and believe that your ideal client is between the ages of 16 and 30, this post is for you, because I will give you the most important factor to capture this type of customers.
How to get young customers for your online business?
Being so surrounded by technology in their day to day life, social networks are almost an obligation in the life of any young person.
Only 7% of the young people between 14 and 17 years old do not have presence in any social network.
Knowing this, if your business is focused on this type of young audience, it is an obligation that your business has presence in social networks, but not in any. If you decide to have a profile for your business in any existing network, you will lose a lot of time and you will not get the desired results.
Most teens use social networks to communicate, spend time entertaining or share photos, videos or other content.
Facebook is the social network with the largest number of users, but Instagram is the social network where more time spend the younger.
Taking these data into account, we can draw several conclusions:
- Young people today have a presence on the Internet.
- They usually access their social networks from their mobile phones.
- They like to share visual content, hence their preferences for Instagram.
- They need incentives to follow a brand or a company, so it is ideal to use the networks to offer them certain benefits if they become customers (coupons, discounts …)
- If you want to capture the attention of a young audience you need to connect with them with a language close and similar to the one they use in their day to day and not just dedicate to promoting products.
Capturing a young customer is ideal for any business, as they are a consumer audience and if you get loyalty, you will have a customer for many years.
If you want to get young clients you need to look for them where they are most of the day: in social networks.